Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Addictive Daughter

Taking a quick moment to throw it back to my first "Interview", with my friends Persia and Joey at "Addictive Daughter". These ladies are truly walking the walk and changing lifestyles for young girls and women of all ages and walks of life. With a little bit of them in your life, you will completely.. "get addicted to the good stuff."

Thank you girls for this lovely feature. 





Olivia Ellis is a lifestyle, spirit and beauty blogger. She’s living the life of a spirit junkie at the tender age of 19, and we think she’s pretty special. As teenagers, we were not quite as enlightened ourselves and so we introduce you to Olivia, a shining example of how one is never too young (or old, for that matter) to begin on the journey of self-love.


How did you get addicted to the good stuff?

I had been brought up with an extended family that was very spiritual, health conscious, and well cultured.  I’ll never forget my aunt giving me my first kids yoga movie when I was about 11, and having so much fun following her habits from spraying her rosewater on my face when she visited, to chewing what I called “food tablets” when I was younger and feeling so rad and worldly. So I had been around the good stuff very early in my life, but I didn’t fully dive into it until I started high school. I went through a really rough patch during that time and I began to read a lot, look up different quotes, and find solace in inspirational sites and hubs on the internet.

olivia ellis
I like to think of this year as my “OLIVIA WAKE UP!” stage and it went up hill from there. This same year, I also decided to become a pescatarian and have been meat-free for almost 5 years. Fast forward to last year, I was reading Elle magazine and was introduced to the lovely Gabrielle Bernstein and was shown a whole different side to the “spiritual world”, and was hooked. Gabrielle showed a fashionable, healthy, and fun approach to this that I hadn’t seen before. Fashion, social change, travel and healthy living on a physical level are very  important to me and to this day are my biggest passions. All in all, I am very very blessed to have been introduced to the good stuff at such a young age and have the incredible opportunity to share what I have learned with other young people who for the most part, haven’t been introduced. I know at just 19, I live a very different lifestyle than most late teens and young adults, and have learned to own it and share with all that I can!

A typical day for me is… Waking up, the most important thing to me in the morning is having a simple time of silence. Whether it be 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or even longer depending on what I have going on that day. That silence is so crucial to me, having that moment within yourself and centering before you go check your Facebook, Twitter, and go into the world! Then I’ll do some sort of morning stretch or yoga sequence, then probably have breakfast, usually porridge on a quick day, but if I have time to really “cook”, which I love so much, I will probably try out some fun new healthy recipes or make some sort of yummy egg or tofu scramble and have a cup of tea and my vitamins. 

My days are so up in the air right now, so I’ll usually either be making lattes for a living or getting lost in Pinterest, connecting on social media or watching vlogs on YouTube. Right now I’m working on a new vision board! I prefer to do my workout later in the day when my mind is much more calm, I love to do a jog, or long walk, and at the moment I am really into a program called ‘Ballet Beautiful’ and highly recommend it if anyone is interested. The rest of my day is pretty laid back, I’ll have my daily bath, then I’ll get my Pjs on, do a stretch and a few yoga poses before bed and drifting away!

The person I am most inspired by is… I really can’t choose one person for this! I’m inspired by different people daily, whether it be my mum who always will have time to have a laugh with me at the end of the day, someone who goes the extra measure to help out someone else and lend them a hand, people who go full force and love what they do, or one specific current inspiration of mine is the beautiful, awe inspiring, Malala Yousafzai! I could go on forever.

My favourite place on earth is… There are so many places I want to see, but as of now I would have to go with any quiet lush beach, a coffee shop, or airport. ( I love how the airport is pretty much a link between everywhere in the world, and is full of so much energy and emotion!) Funny how there is such a stark contrast between the two.

If I had any super power, it would be… I think it would be really cool to have the ability to understand any language or culture without having to really learn!

My biggest dream is… To share everything that I have learned with others and to inspire, lead, and help others out in all the ways that I can. Also to have a fulfilled life that is super fun and filled with adventure and love.

The best piece of advice I’ve ever been given is… Be kind and authentic. Nothing is more attractive, motivating, purifying, than being real and kind. That golden rule will always be what I live my life based on and will always be my number one. Also, never count yourself out. You’re as capable of whatever you want as much as the person before or after you.
olivia ellis

My healthy addictions are… Chocolate, an incredible meal, fashion, music & films, and superfood smoothies!

My proudest achievement is… Taking the road less traveled after high school and taking a gap year. I’ve already grown so much, and learned more about myself in the last few months than I have in years!
The thing I most struggle with is… Patience and really sticking with something!

If it was my last day on earth I would… Go for a walk as the sun rises with an incredible cup of coffee, spend time with my family, eat the most delicious food (of course including chocolate), and smile. A lot. Maybe skydive and do something absolutely outrageous as well.

If you enjoyed this Q&A with Miss Olivia Ellis, you can visit her blog and keep up-to-date with her on Twitter & Instagram too!















http://www.addictivedaughter.com/oliviaellis/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo 3_zpsba3cba55.png  photo 2_zpsd416e313.png  photo 5_zps34db02fd.png